Passivation creates a chromium rich surface which can form an invisible inert (passive) oxide layer as soon as it is exposed to an oxygen-containing environment (air). Our experts perform passivation services that are effective and tested for completion.
Passivation will not change the appearance of the stainless. If the stainless has been heat treated or welded, the resulting scale or discoloration must be removed by either abrasive methods or by pickling. Passivation will not cause any change to the surface roughness. To verify the effectiveness of the passivation, Allegheny Surface Technology applies saline, copper sulfate, and ferroxyl testing to ensure a successful passivation.
Why Choose Our Passivation Company?
- ✓ We are a leader in passivation services
- ✓ Citric or nitric acid bath options
- ✓ Circulation passivation of process lines
- ✓ ASTM A967, ASTM A380, ASTM B912, ASTM B600, ASME BPE,SAE AMS2700, QQ-P-35C (replaced by ASTM A967)
- ✓ Shop & field services available
- ✓ Single parts to bulk parts
- ✓ Large scale solutions
- ✓ Environmentally responsible, Hexavalent Chromium Free
- ✓ RoHS & Reach Compliant
- ✓ One-stop-shop for all metal surface finishing needs
- ✓ Decades of experience
- Learn more